On Friday 19 June Digital Lab Africa finally unveiled the nine winners of its fourth edition during an online conference, organised as part of the virtual 2020 Annecy Festival (Here is a link to the replay on our Youtube channel)
Choosing from more than 500 applications from 32 countries, the esteemed jury based its selection on artistic, technical and financial criteria in the five key categories: immersive realities, video games, music, animation and digital art. Selected applicants will be given a DLA Incubation Pass to fast track the development of their project. Alongside mentorship and training sessions, the DLA #4 winners will also be hosted in planned residencies in the relevant category ecosystems.
Congratulations to them – And a warm welcome to them to the great DLA family!
– Bokang Koatja (South Africa) / « Mannerisms »
– Natasha Nayo (Ghana) / « Message beats »
– Ridwan Moshood (Nigeria) / « In my hood »
Video game category:
– Robert Mensah (Nigeria) / « Outcome »
– Tristan Mocke (South Africa) / « Qyn »
Immersive realities category:
– Melisa Allela (Kenya) / « Sigana: Tales of Lawino »
– Joey Ekunwe (Nigeria) / « The slavery of science »
– Sizo Hlophe (E-Swatini) / « Antidote music »
Digital art category:
– Lara Sousa (Mozambique) / « Katalina / Kalunga /Karonga – Sea Waved Tales »