MyFrenchFilmFestival is back for its 8th edition: the best of French cinema for free all over Africa!
MyFrenchFilmFestival.com is an innovative concept aiming to throw the spotlight on new generation French filmmakers, allowing web users across the globe to share their enthusiasm for French cinema threw the possibility to comment and rate the movies. Now in its eighth year, the festival returns in 2018 with new films to offer, new partner platforms, and festival launches held in movie theaters in a number of countries.
From January 19th to February 19th, 30 French feature and short films will be available for all and at any time in http://www.myfrenchfilmfestival.com.
This year, the festival will be free all over Africa!
Discover the trailer, the jury, and the selection of the world’s first online French film festival, organized by UniFrance.
The 2018 Jury
Paolo Sorrentino, the Italian director of The Great Beauty (Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2014), Youth, Il Divo, and the HBO series The Young Pope, will preside over the jury for the 8th edition of MyFrenchFilmFestival. He will be accompanied by renowned French and foreign film directors:
- the French-Morrocan filmmaker Nabil Ayouch, director of Chevaux de Dieu and Much Loved, whose latest film, Razzia, will release in March;
- the French filmmaker and video artist Kim Chapiron, director of Sheitan, Dog Pound, and Smartass;
- the French filmmaker Julia Ducournau, whose debut feature Raw grabbed people’s attention at film festivals worldwide;
- the prolific and multi-award-winning Filipino director Brillante Mendoza (Golden Leopard – Video at Locarno in 2005 for Masahista, Best Director at the Cannes Film Festival in 2009 for Kinatay, Best Actress for Jaclyn Jose for Ma’ Rosa at the Cannes Film Festival in 2016).
The 2018 selection
The 2018 selection is divided into themed and singular sections representative of the diversity of French cinema:
Whether they’re looking for love, recognition, freedom, or a ski resort deep in a tropical forest, our French heroes are sometimes right in the middle of the most absurd situations…
- Struggle for Life by Antonin Peretjatko
- Rock’n Roll by Guillaume Canet
- Willy the 1st by Ludovic Boukherma, Zoran Boukherma, Marielle Gautier, and Hugo P. Thomas
- Delectable You by Axel Courtière
- Lazare by Tristan Lhomme
- The Screenwriter by François Paquay (in Competition, a Belgian film, in partnership with Wallonie-Bruxelles Images (WBI))
HIT THE ROAD!
Highways, gas stations, vacation clubs, ice-cream vendors, karaoke… Journeys, be they professional or during summer, often turn into an exploration of personal lives and a search for identity.
- Ava by Léa Mysius
- Crash Test Aglaé by Éric Gravel
- Before Summer Ends by Maryam Goormaghtigh (Out of Competition, a Swiss film, in partnership with Swiss Films)
- The Summer Film by Emmanuel Marre
« Only adults with faulty memory remember their adolescence with any fondness, » François Truffaut said. It’s the time when we become aware of ourselves, when everything is possible, even if this brings us into conflict with our families and friends.
- A Wedding by Stephan Streker
- Swagger by Olivier Babinet
- 1:54 by Yan England (Out of Competition, a Canadian film, in partnership with Telefilm Canada)
- Chasse Royale by Romane Gueret and Lise Akoka
FRENCH AND FURIOUS
A Belgian serial killer, a dad who resembles a psychopath, an ex-convict wandering at night in the streets of Pigalle… Although they may be tortured and withdrawn characters, they are above all trying to attract attention and find redemption.
- Into the Forest by Gilles Marchand
- Paris Prestige by Hamé and Ékoué
- Man Bites Dog (It Happened in Your Neighborhood) by André Bonzel, Rémy Belvaux, and Benoît Poelvoorde (classic Belgian film, Out of Competition, in partnership with Wallonie-Bruxelles Images (WBI))
- Please Love Me Forever by Holy Fatma
- The Death, Dad & Son by Denis Walgenwitz and Winshluss
- The Stroke by Morgane Polanski (Out of Competition, opening film)
LOVE “IN THE FRENCH STYLE”
What would French cinema be without love stories? Whether they’re from yesterday, today, or tomorrow, they all share that je-ne-sais-quoi that makes them unique and… so French!
- In Bed with Victoria by Justine Triet
- The Last Metro by François Truffaut (Out of Competition, classic film)
- No Drowning by Mélanie Laleu
- Long Live the Emperor by Aude Léa Rapin
- The Taste of Vietnam by Pier-Luc Latulippe (Out of Competition, a Canadian film, in partnership with Telefilm Canada)
- A Summer Dress by François Ozon (Out of Competition, classic film)
With this new section, MyFrenchFilmFestival wishes to emphasize the ability of new generation French artistic creation to reinvent itself… These new kinds of images and writing will move and disturb you.
Three prizes will be presented at the closing of the festival:
- The Filmmakers’ Prize: With a jury composed of international film directors
- The Lacoste Audience Prize: Web users around the world can vote for their favorite films via the festival platform
- The International Press Prize: With a jury composed of journalists from the major international daily newspapers
The films will be accessible from January 19 on the MyFrenchFilmFestival.com platform and on fifty partner platforms across the globe.
Download the catalog to learn about the selection and all the latest on the 8th edition!
Watch the official trailer: