The Digital Lab Africa call for projects #2 is now open until February 25th!
The objective of Digital Lab Africa is to provide a springboard for African talent in multimedia creation and to make their project happen with the support of French & Sub-Saharan African leading companies (studios, producers, broadcasters, distributors, experts).
DLA call for projects targets artists, producers, designers, start-ups, students in the media and creative industries. The call is open to any professional or individual from Sub-Saharan Africa having an innovative project in 5 categories of multimedia production: WEB CREATION, VIRTUAL REALITY, VIDEO GAME, ANIMATION and DIGITAL MUSIC.
Digital Lab Africa is looking for projects at initial stage of development, in need of partners and financial support and innovative in terms of narration, content or technologies.
- Web Creation: This category is dedicated to all linear and non-linear format which offer an innovative storytelling and/or an immersive/interactive exper
ience for the audience. This category includes all content, irrespective of the genre – fiction, documentary, series, TV format, magazine, entertainment, news… – produced to be viewed mainly online (first digital content). Projects which combine several media (transmedia) or offer a cross media strategy and which aim to attract an audience, engage with it and retain it will be considered first. Examples: an interactive web documentary, a web series including a chat or a video game, a news show in 360°, a thematic web channel etc.
- Virtual Reality: The virtual reality category is open to any content which offers an immersive experience to the public, on any type of support (computer, tablet, smartphone and virtual reality headset), using virtual reality technologies, augmented reality, mixed reality, 360° video, and 3D interactions. Examples: journalism report, fiction or documentary movie, musical clip, museum visit, video game…
- Video Game: the video game category is open to all prototypes/concepts of video game for mobile application or full screen. Examples: action, strategy game, a game which aim to inform, train or educate.
- Digital Music: The Digital Music category is open to any project that offers an innovative online music user experience that includes services, solutions and / or multimedia content. Content / solutions / services can be addressed to the general audience and / or professionals from music industry. The project must be for web platforms and / or mobile applications. Examples: creation of an application proposing a multimedia universe and an interactive community around an artist; an application offering live concerts on mobile; a platform for exchanging videos / music content, a service to view a 360 ° concert, a music video clip using virtual reality technologies, an artist booking service etc..
- Animation: the Animation category is open to all projects/content which mainly use animation technics (2D, 3D, paper, film, sand, modeling clay, painting, figurine etc). Formats: Short & features films, TV formats & series, web & interactive. Examples: an animated short film, an animated web-series, an animated comic, an animated application, etc.
HOW TO APPLY?
1/ Download the call for projects presentation and rules
2/ Complete the online form
3/ Email the following documents to email@example.com
- Brief presentation of your project (pitch deck or presentation document) including: project’s overview, screenplay/game design/storyboard, business plan, production schedule & projected budget
- Beta version / preview / pilot or demo of the project (if available)
- A resume of the applicant and description of the company represented (max 300 words).
- A picture (.jpeg) of the applicant
Applicants can submit several projects (one form per project)
Deadline: 25 February 2018
For any question: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO WIN?
The platform will allow creative multimedia projects to come to light with the support of French and Sub-Saharan African partners like Lagardère Studios, ARTE or Triggerfish Animation.
Selected applicants will take part in a Pitch Competition. The winning projects win a 3,000 € cash prize and a Digital Lab Africa Incubation Pass to support the project development.
The DLA project incubation includes mentorship and project development support by French and Sub-Saharan African partners for each category. Additionally, the Incubation Pass comprises residence time in France within digital cluster and participation in benchmark multimedia events. The expected outcome of Digital Lab Africa is market ready content/productions showcasing African creativity.